Commitment and Passion – that's what started Peoples Church! In 1953 a group of individuals from the Pinckney area believed that God wanted to do something new. They were committed to the truth and power of God's word and of the life-changing influence of following Jesus. This led them to start a new church in Pinckney. It was named the “People's Church” in reference to how important people are to God, and that God's good news is for all people.
The first services were held in the dining room of a boarding house in downtown Pinckney. Property was soon purchased three blocks west of downtown and a small church was built. Since then there have been four additions on the current property.
Peoples started as an independent church. It became part of the Evangelical Free Church of America in 1965. Currently over 400 people are part of the Christian community here at Peoples.